The following items can be imported tax free into the country by passengers aged 17 years or older.
• 200 cigarettes*
• 50 cigars
• 200 cigarillos
• 250 grammes tobacco**
• 2 litres in alcoholic drinks
• 50 grammes perfume
• 2 cameras
• Other gifts equalling XAF 5000
*Women can only import cigarettes
** There are no restrictions on tobacco or tobacco articles of Cameroon origin imported from Cameroon.
• Holiday trips: Travellers are allowed to export local currency (CFA Franc-XAF) up to XAF 200,000 or foreign currencies up to the equivalent of XAF 200,000.
• Business trips: Travellers are allowed to export local currency XAF 25,000 per day with a maximum of XAF 500,000 or foreign currencies up to the equivalent of the above sums.
• Illegal drugs
• Guns and Ammunition – unless accompanied by a licence
• Knives and deadly weapons
• Counterfeit money and goods
• Pornographic material
• Plant and plant materials
• Guns and ammunition require a licence from the Ministry of Home Affairs in Libreville before being legal to import into the country.
• All imported pets require a rabies vaccination certificate or a newly issued veterinary certificate from the country of origin before being allowed entry into the country. Dogs and cats less than 3 months old are currently exempt.